5% of local teens say they have been sexually assaulted*
Even 1 teen abused is 1 too many.
There’s a FREE app for that.
The Circleof6 App gives anyone the tools they need to create immediate links to trusted friends, family and emergency services right on their cell phone. Selected in a national contest and endorsed by the White House Administration, this unique app makes getting help easy, confidential and safe. A must have for everyone.
There are several easy ways to make our communities more beautiful and friendly by committing random acts of kindness. Your small gestures of kindness, generosity and service have ripple effects that can be immediately seen. Here are ten small things you do every day:
- Bring your co-workers a special treat.
- Pay someone a compliment today.
- Give the gift of your smile to a passerby.
- When you experience good customer service, ask to speak to the person’s manager and share your positive feedback.
- Slip a $20 bill to a person you know is having financial difficulty.
- When drivers try to merge in your lane, let them in with a wave and a smile.
- As you go about your day, pick up trash.
- Call or visit a homebound person.
- Give your “free punch card” to someone else to use.
- Send a kind note to someone you lost touch with or to a teacher who made a difference.
In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with.
Brian Tracy (1944)
MLK Day of Service 2013
On January 21, 2013, over 50 volunteers came together to support a variety of community service projects in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Projects included: painting and cleaning at Bennington Coalition for the Homeless shelters, painting at a local church, preparing the Meals on Wheels cafe. During the month after the event, over 50 additional volunteers participated in activities such as creating thank you cards for National Guard members, Valentines Day cards for elderly residents in retirement homes and activity pages for young hospital patients. Visit our Facebook Page at facebook.com/actsvhc to see a full gallery of pictures.
News Coverage of the event: