The Drug Free Community grant is the primary source of funding for Alliance for Community Transformations. Here are just a few facts about the grant:
- Administered through the Office of the White House and Office of National Drug Control Policy.
- $125K Award, renewable for five years, potential 10 years total.
- ACT is one of four funded coalitions in Vermont.
- Uses evidenced-based strategies to promote aims.
- Requires substantial evaluation of work and outcomes.
- Requires development of long-range business plans beyond grant dollars.
- Requires 100% dollar for dollar match from the community served through donations, volunteer time and other charitable gifts, cash raised, etc.
- Increasing cultural competency and accessibility.
- Focus on creating sustainable initiatives.
- ACT identified 24+ local projects to reach grant goals in year 1 of the grant.
ACT’s year 3 goals:
- Increasing local collaboration
- Reduce youth substance use