The Alliance for Community Transformations held it’s Fall Retreat on Tuesday, October 29th at the Barn at the Bennington Monument. Community Members representing over 20 organizations from Bennington and the surrounding area attended. The retreat intended to inform community partners about ACT, projects ACT is currently involved in, as well as work that is planned for the future, and to give the attendees an opportunity to network and join forces with ACT.
- An introduction to HACY3, a Hoosick Falls non-profit who previously received the Drug Free Communities Grant and then supported ACT in it’s recent acquisition of the Drug Free Communities Grant
- A presentation on ACT as an organization by Director Kiah Morris
- Local substance abuse trends in Bennington and results of the recent Community Readiness Survey; presented by Dr. Nissa Walke
- A brief speed networking exercise (A warm-up for the full speed networking event ACT is hosting in January 2016)
- Information about the structure of ACT and an opportunity for attendees to join various committees, express interest in an elected position within the organization or to sign on as official ACT members
Community members who are interested in becoming involved with the future ACT projects are encouraged to explore the materials below to learn more about the work of ACT and opportunities available within the organization. The ACT Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) can be signed and returned (in person or via email) for those interested in
becoming active members of ACT. The “Organizational Structure” document briefly outlines committees that will be available for participation by community members as well as the elected positions that are available.The PowerPoint presented by Director Kiah Morris is also available.
Further inquires can be directed to Nevin Lessard at firstname.lastname@example.org