Director, Alliance for Community Transformations
The Director provides planning, direction, coordination, and oversight to all aspects of ACT. S/he oversees the organization’s budget and policies regarding participant involvement and program requirements, including community collaboration, coalition building, and prevention efforts. The Director will seek funding, plan, implement, and evaluate programs within a strategic plan to prevent and delay first time substance use in youth and improve the overall well-being of the Southshire community. The Director will answer directly to the ACT Executive Committee and must adhere to all policies and expectations of the fiscal agent. This is a full-time, one-year position with the opportunity to renew the contract after the first year; flexible hours; Salary starting at $40k; Health, vision, and dental insurance; Vacation and medical leave.
- Identify key stakeholders and build and maintain community relationships
- Manage and fulfill all grant reporting and requirements (especially of the coalition’s Drug Free Communities Grant)
- Create and maintain ACT’s records
- Evaluate ACT programs and events using evidence-based, community driven strategies
- Prepare and deliver monthly Director’s Report to the Executive Committee and membership one week in advance of meetings
- Adhere to and carry forward ACT’s action plan as developed and overseen by ACT membership, collaborating and communicating with members as needed
- Generate and track funding and in-kind match for grants
- Collaborate with the Executive Chair to plan and facilitate monthly coalition and executive committee meetings
- Oversee and manage applicable staff
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in social work, substance abuse prevention, coalition building, or related field. Relevant work experience will be considered.
Must be committed to evidence-based substance prevention, coalition building, and community driven strategies. Candidates must possess the skills to ensure that grant goals and objectives are delivered in a timely manner with fidelity.
This high visibility position requires that the candidate have excellent interpersonal skills, is seen as a positive role model in the area of health and substance abuse prevention, and be capable of facilitating community work groups into initiatives in an organized and collaborative way.
Application: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Michelle Marrocco, Interim Director by October 31.
Development and Social Media Marketing VISTA
The Alliance for Community Transformations (ACT), a grassroots collection of community members striving to empower youth and prevent substance abuse in Bennington County, is looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to serve as the Development and Social Media VISTA.
The VISTA will serve closely with the ACT Program Coordinator and Executive Committee to maintain current and generate new funding streams for ACT as well as develop and implement a social media and community outreach plan to bolster community engagement. The Development and Social Media VISTA should demonstrate strong writing skills, an interest in civic engagement, and a flair for social media.
- Assist Program Coordinator with reporting, tracking, and management of $500k Drug Free Communities Grant (Federal grant)
- Create and maintain database of potential grant opportunities
- Research, write and edit grant proposals
- Develop social media campaign to increase engagement and reach
- Attend coalition meetings
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Zeal for research
- Knack for organization and planning
- Collaborative, self-starting, problem solver
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- No prior grant writing skills necessary
- Website design/management a plus
AmeriCorps VISTA is a service year program dedicated to building the capacity of organizations that alleviate poverty and work with vulnerable and low-income populations in their community. The service year gives passionate individuals an opportunity to build their professional skills while making a tangible impact on the community. VISTA is a yaer-long, full-time commitment (August ’17 – August ’18) with multiple benefits:
- $1,000 monthly stipend
- $100 monthly rental assistance
- $5k – $6k Segal Education Award (education scholarship that can be used to pay existing student loans)
- Travel and moving reimbursement
- Childcare stipend
If you have any questions or would like more information about the position, please contact Michelle Marrocco at the Alliance for Community Transformations at email@example.com.