There are several easy ways to make our communities more beautiful and friendly by committing random acts of kindness. Your small gestures of kindness, generosity and service have ripple effects that can be immediately seen. Here are ten small things you do every day:
- Bring your co-workers a special treat.
- Pay someone a compliment today.
- Give the gift of your smile to a passerby.
- When you experience good customer service, ask to speak to the person’s manager and share your positive feedback.
- Slip a $20 bill to a person you know is having financial difficulty.
- When drivers try to merge in your lane, let them in with a wave and a smile.
- As you go about your day, pick up trash.
- Call or visit a homebound person.
- Give your “free punch card” to someone else to use.
- Send a kind note to someone you lost touch with or to a teacher who made a difference.
In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with.
Brian Tracy (1944)