Social media can be overwhelming. Besides connecting and sharing content, it can make people feel left out, boring, or just downright bad.
Do you want to work with local leaders to leave a significant impact on your community? Do you have ideas for change but don’t know how to make them happen? ACT is committed to building community and reducing substance abuse among youth, but we need your help to expand our programs and reach these goals.
We are offering a $2,500 scholarship for a Youth Outreach Coordinator to develop an outreach plan and implement social media strategies for appealing to young adults. ACT’s goal is to increase the effectiveness of our programs not only by reaching more people but engaging youth in a meaningful way. This position runs from February – October 2015 and is open to current high school students.
- Recruit youth to participate in ACT’s education, outreach, and service opportunities. For example Youth Appreciation Day is at the end of April and we want as many people there as possible!
- Administer our social media sites (possibly building new ones) and distribute information to peers
- Find creative ways to engage youth over the summer vacation
- Attend ACT coalition meetings as able
- Meet biweekly with someone from ACT for guidance and progress report
Access the full application Youth Outreach Application